There have been some additions to the list of comedications and therapeutic classes – 38 new comedications have been added and two new therapeutic classes created (Anaesthetics & Muscle Relaxants, and Oxytocics).
The following comedications have been added to existing therapeutic classes:
- Antibacterial: aztreonam, cefaclor, cefadroxil, cefradine, ceftaroline, clavulanic acid, imipenem, lymecycline, methenamine, piperacillin, pivmecillinam, tazobactam, temocillin, ticarcillin
- Anticonvulsants: lacosamide
- Anti-diabetic: albiglutide, alogliptin, canagliflozin, dulaglutide, empagliflozin
- Cytotoxics: erlotinib
- Gastrointestinal agents: dantron, Ispaghula husk, linaclotide, lubiprostone, methylcellulose, naloxegol
- Herbals: Aloe vera
- Hypertension/Heart failure agents: bendroflumethiazide, macitentan
- Illicit/Recreational: mephedrone
- Immunosuppressants: pirfenadone
- Other: flibanserin, hyoscine
In the new therapeutic class of Anaesthetics & Muscle Relaxants are the new comedications of cisatracurium, isoflurane and thiopental. These are joined by the existing comedications of bupivacaine, ketamine and propofol, all of which were preciously in the “other” classification. The second new therapeutic class of Oxytocics has the new comedication of misoprostol which is joined by ergometrine and mifepristone, again moved from the “other”classification.
All versions of the charts (web, app and printable) have been updated with these additions/changes.