The interaction checker has been updated to include 23 new drugs and the addition of a new therapeutic comedication class.
The following new comedications have been added to the classes as shown belown:
- Analgesic: aceclofenac
- Antidepressants: dosulepin
- Antihistamine: doxylamine
- Antipsychotic/Neuroleptics: asenapine, chlorprothixene
- Anxiolytics/Hypnotics/Sedatives: amobarbital
- Cytotoxics: mitoxantrone, temsirolimus
- Gastrointestinal Agents: cyclizine
- Herbals/Vitamins/Supplements: colecalciferol (vitamin D3)
- HIV Entry/Integrase Inhibitors: bictegravir/FTC/TAF
- Immunosuppressants: brodalumab
- Other: activated charcoal, deferiprone, dexamfetamine, donepezil, etelcalcetide, febuxostat, lofexidine, magnesium, memantine, pseudoephedrine, pyridostigmine
A new therapeutic comedications class – Urological Agents – has also been added to the interaction checker. This class contains some drugs that were previously found in the “Other” class, namely alfuzosin hydrochloride, desmopressin, dutasteride, finasteride,tamsulosin hydrochloride and tolterodine tartrate.
The printable “Overview of Interactions” pdf file has been updated with these additions and changes, and can be found in the Prescribing Resources section of the website.