The contraceptive/HRT comedication class has been expanded to include 10 new entries, comprising three new drugs with various routes of administration. The new additions are:
- Etonogestrel (implant, progestogen only)
- Etonogestrel (vaginal ring, with ethinylestradiol)
- Levonorgestrel (combined oral contraceptive, COC)
- Levonorgestrel (emergency contraception)
- Levonorgestrel (HRT)
- Levonorgestrel (implant, progestogen only)
- Levonorgestrel (intra uterine device, IUD)
- Levonorgestrel (progestogen only pill, POP)
- Medroxyprogesterone (depot injection)
- Medroxyprogesterone (oral)
The new TB comedication is delamanid and this can be found in the antibacterial class.
An update for the HEP iChart app is available with these new drugs and the Overview of Interactions chart in the Prescribing Resources section of the website has been updated.